Thursday, December 22, 2011

Glass Lamp

Getting so close to Christmas I can hardly stand it!! So excited for all of the festivities. However, there's still a day of work left. Let's make that go faster by looking at our updated lamp....
That's what it looked like when my mom and I picked it up at a yard sale a few months back. I've seen this glass lamp style everywhere over the past few months.
Although this one wasn't exactly a looker at first I had high hopes that we could dress it up with a can of spray paint.
I was able to pull the whole thing apart (kinda) via a bolt on the bottom.
I cleaned it up really good and taped off the important stuff so that spray paint would not touch it.
1 can of Oil Rubbed Bronze later....
It didn't turn out to shabby at all and I have to admit I had my doubts.
I picked up the lamp shade at Target. I think it's a tad small for the lamp but it will do for now.
I love that I could potentially fill that glass lamp base with whatever I wanted. For instance, Christmas decor! Why am I only thinking of this two days before Christmas?
What do you think? Any comparison to those with the high price tags?

No comments:

Post a Comment